Yankee Candle Sweet Fig & Pomegranate Candle Review

It feels like Yankee Candle has been around since the dawn of time.  One of my memories as a teenager is visiting my Aunt and Uncle and they always had Yankee Candles going in the house.  For some reason, this candle company reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's.  Maybe it is because the jars and style of the labels have never really changed.

Yankee candles + Longaberger baskets = childhood memories for me.  Even today in my mind those two go together like fried chicken and biscuits and I hate to admit it but I STILL have Longaberger baskets in my home.

Does that mean I'm old?  Never mind.  Don't answer that.  :)

Yankee's scents come and go though and I'm sure that eventually this one will go by the wayside along with some of the popular scents from decades ago.  Why?  Because it's one of my favorites so it's got to be destined for the "you wish you still had it but NO" category.  That's one reason why I keep a stash of this candle.

You may be able to already tell but yes, this is a positive review of this particular scent.  I have purchased it many times and have burned many candles of this scent from Yankee so this review isn't so much a first impression like many of the candle reviews here.  It's simply me telling you about one of my favorite candles.

I purchased this candle just like I do all of my Yankee candles.  There was a nice sale going on which made it 1/2 price or less.  The regular price on these large jars is $29.50 or it can be picked up on Amazon for $19.99 with free Prime shipping.  If you want only one to try, I suggest purchasing through Amazon.  Otherwise you will get stuck with paying more and then shipping on top of it unless you catch it in a sale.



The scent notes on this candle are described as blackberry, sun kissed fig and raspberry leaf with red plum and pomegranate.  It is described as finishing with tonka and vanilla bean.

The label is just so 80's to me!
When the candle is cold, the scent is amazing.  It's strong and borderline "in your face."  I personally am able to get the blackberry, raspberry and vanilla which is VERY pleasing to my nostrils. 

A few fun facts on my experience with this candle:
  • You will need to trim the wick because it will mushroom.
  • I have never had a wick move on me with any of the candles in this scent.
  • The candle will extinguish itself when it reaches the bottom of the jar.
So... what about the scent throw when it is burning?  It's good.  In fact, unlike some Yankee candle scents out there that smell like plain ol' oxygen, this one throws.  Not to the point where it's all you smell but this candle will make its presence known when it is lit and burning.

We need smell o' blog so you can smell this!
The heated scent with this candle is very pleasant to me.  I wouldn't say it is floral at all but then again, it isn't woodsy or bakery either.  The best way that I can think of to describe it is hot fruity.  Like a blackberry cobbler filling that is thickening on the stove or a berry jam that is warm and ready to be put into the canning jars... only louder.

This one can handle a large room like a living room or dining room, solo.

The smell and throw when lit isn't overpowering with this candle.  It is very noticeable at all times though so if someone is very sensitive to smell, this one may or may not work when they are around it.  It is classic Yankee candle scent strength from years ago.  Not mediocre and it doesn't sit on the sidelines only to run onto the field so it can say it participated in the game.  This candle is the star of the game and it will get your attention.

It is also perfect for what I like to call candle scent mixology.  For me it is excellent paired with a vanilla scent or the Yankee Candle Sugar Pumpkin Swirl.  Those scent combinations are two of my favorite and will send me into my happy place within minutes of the smell permeating my nostrils.

The only word that I can think of to describe it is YUM.



Final Thoughts

I really don't have any final thoughts on this one because I've pratically shared all of my thoughts on it.  This is one of, if not the one, of my favorites from the Yankee Candle line.  I only purchase this line of candles when there is a deep discount available.  I don't know why I have a hard time purchasing at the regular price of $29.50.  I've never really thought about it but since they run sales on their website all the time I really don't feel like I need to.

Do you have this candle in your life and if so, what are your thoughts on it?  Feel free to share your experience and opinions below.

No comments:

Post a Comment