HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Chocolate Mint Truffle Candle Review

What do you do when you start to review a candle trio and the first one out of the gate is so fantastic that it sets the bar high for the two that follow?  Well if you are me, you kinda accidentally set yourself up for a tinge of disappointment.  Not crushed.  Not heartbroken but a bit disappointed none the less.

That's where I'm at right now with the second candle in the three candle HomeWorx Chocolate Truffle candles.

Allow me to introduce you to Chocolate Mint Truffle.

This candle, just like the other two, is visibly stunning.  It has the brown metal lid with the imprinted bow.  It is an 18 ounce candle with a burn time of 30 to 55 hours.  The wax is a very pleasing shade of pastel, minty green.   

The scent notes on Chocolate Mint Truffle are chocolate, cocao, cool peppermint and pistachio.  On cold smell this candle smells dead on like chocolate mint ice cream.  That scent is embedded into my brain because it is my all time favorite ice cream flavor.  This candle is a dead ringer on cold smell.

In other words, I didn't catch any pistachio but that's OK.  Candles don't always smell the same after they are lit and burning.

Once again, I love the label design on this candle.  The mint green and brown plaid is just adorable.  Topped off with that brown lid and it looks like a well put together outfit that someone would wear on a day out at the park or shopping.  Very nice indeed.

Just like the other candles in the set and candles of this type made by HomeWorx, this candle is in that nice, heavy duty glass container.  I've loved these containers since the first time I held one in my hands because they are a meaty glass thickness that doesn't feel fragile at all, because it isn't.  Obviously you don't want to drop it because it is glass but you don't have to treat it with kid gloves like you do some types of glass container candles either.

The wicks on Chocolate Mint Truffle are the same as the other two candles.  Nice length, healthy looking wicks.  I can tell you that they did mushroom a bit on this candle just like they did on Chocolate Espresso.  Wick mushrooming doesn't bother me as long as it isn't HUGE and these aren't.  I'll just remove the tops after the candle is cooled, before I light it up again.

The visual aesthetic of a candle is always important but how a candle burns is even more important.  This candle burned very nicely and evenly.  The wicks stayed in place and the flames were consistent.  I don't think there is anything to complain about when it comes to the way this candle burns.

So let's talk about the throw because with this one I was a bit confused.

The candle was burned on a bookcase in the hallway in the same location that Espresso Chocolate Truffle was yesterday.  Espresso Chocolate Truffle succeeded in filling the house up with a very tasty scent.  Chocolate Mint Truffle struggled at best and only gave me a few whiffs of that sweet minty smell while I was working in my office.

Walking in the hallway, the scent just wasn't there until you got about 5 feet away from the candle.  It was as if there were little invisible clouds of scent occasionally drifting into the office from the hallway to tease me.  Like Lassie had come to tell me that Timmy had fallen into the well and I needed to follow.  "Follow me!"

The scent that does drift into the air is slightly chocolatey and minty.  I still get none of the pistachio.  It's all chocolate and mint and it hovers close to the candle.  This isn't necessarily a horrible thing though because you have to remember, the candle is burning in a spot where scent can easily travel and it does give off a delicious smell, just not as much as Espresso Chocolate Truffle does.

What I'm saying is that if this candle is burning in a smaller space like a bedroom or single rooms for example, the throw would be better and the scent more pronounced.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing folks.  It's just a candle for those of us that like a more subtle throw.  A scent that isn't thick.  That's transparent and is occasionally whispering in your ear so you notice it.  It is a beautiful scent, just not intense at all.

Of course I have included my usual burn video of this candle for your viewing pleasure!

    



My Final Thoughts and Will I Buy it Again?

After reviewing Espresso Chocolate Truffle and the strong hefty amount of scent that it threw out into the world when burning, Chocolate Mint Truffle was a bit of a change.  It is a subtle, very quiet candle that just kinda hangs out when it wants to that is better suited for smaller spaces like a bedroom.  This candle simply doesn't have the strength to fill a whole house with scent.

It's not disappointing because the subtle scent is pleasing.  It's just... different from the other two.  I lit the third candle, Sparkling Pink Truffle, about 30 minutes ago and can say the scent has already made its way into the office from the hallway so Chocolate Mint Truffle can be compared to, and I hate to say it this way but it's all that comes to mind, the runt of the litter.

Yes.  I will buy it again.  I'll either burn this one in combination with the other two all at the same time or I will burn it as a single in the bedroom.  The power of the other two candles in the trio are satisfying enough for me to take the plunge and purchase the third set that I've been wanting ever since I opened the package and the beautiful smell of deliciousness and sweetness heaven hit me in the face when they arrived.  It won't be long until I'm back over on QVC making the purchase and waiting patiently for delivery.

What are your thoughts on this candle and the HomeWorx Chocolate Truffle Collection?  Since I'm getting ready to start the review on the third one, I'm curious!  Share them with me in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment