Bath and Body Works Fall and Winter 2018 Candle Review- Toasted Vanilla Chai



This is one candle that I was really excited about trying out.  I love vanilla and I love chai so why would I not like this candle?

The label glows while the candle burns.
This candle is 14.5oz or 411g and has 3 wicks that are extremely hard to light the first time you fire up this candle.  It measures 4" wide and 3 1/2" tall with a listed burn time of 25 to 45 hours.  It is in an off white painted glass container and has a metal lid that is embossed with a landscape that includes mountains and evergreens.

I purchased this candle for full price off of the Bath and Body Works website for the sale price of $12.95.

The label is really cute on this one.  Very winter and features skiing and a cute dog wearing a knit cap.  It is snowing and there are blue mountains in the background. 

But... what does it smell like, how does it burn and how does this candle perform?  I don't know about you but to me those are the most important things.

The label and website describes the scent on this candle as, "Made with Ginger & Nutmeg Essential Oils with notes of Cinnamon & Cloves."





When I removed the lid and smelled this candle before lighting it, I definitely got the nutmeg and a background smell of the cinnamon.  I didn't catch the ginger or the cloves.  It smells amazing on the cold smell, but is very subtle and quiet.  The scent is there, but it isn't in your face.  If this candle were a person at a party, it wouldn't be loud or obnoxious in order to be the center of attention.  It would sit in the corner of the room, but still be involved in any casual conversation happening around him.  You would definitely know he was there.

I was really looking forward to seeing how this candle would perform.

Day 1- I placed it on the bookcase at the end of my hallway next to the kitchen entry way.  It burned for approximately 4 hours.  When I walked down the hallway I could smell the scent of spiced vanilla.  It was subtle.  Not "in your face, I'm here."  It was pleasant and subtle.  I thought to myself that this was in fact a good, solid candle.

Day 2- I moved the candle into my office.  I generally burn two or three candles at a time in my office to produce scent combinations that I love.  Recently it has been Yankee Candle's Sweet Fig and Pomegranate and Sugared Pumpkin Swirl because I adore the yummy smell of those two candles together. 

Today I decided to keep them dark and let Toasted Vanilla Chai take the wheel.

Wax pool after burning 2 hours.
About 30 minutes after lighting the candle, I started to notice little wiffs of the scent.  It had started to pool.  For me, the candle pooled much quicker on the second burn which means the subtle scent rose faster.  Two hours into the burn the scent had softly drifted out into the room and the candle was pooled with the melted wax all across the top.  I am thoroughly enjoying this candle.

I allowed it to burn for about 4 hours before putting it out.

Final Thoughts

I really do like this candle.  The throw is just enough for my taste.  I like candles that throw their scent subtly into the room or area that they are burning in.  The scent is light and not "in your face" which makes it extremely enjoyable for me.  It builds a bit over the time that the candle is burning and goes from noticing it here and there as the candle warms up to steady once the candle has pooled.

This candle pools nicely as well.  As you can see in my video below, after burning for a couple of hours the pool of melted wax is complete across the top giving it a level burn and again, a nice scent throw as the wax heats up and starts to melt.



Will I Buy it Again?

The short answer is YES.  I really like the subtle approach of the scent in this candle.  It's there but it's not loud.  It's soft like a whisper in your ear that reminds you that's it's there but it's not begging for your attention.

Do you have this candle in your collection?  If you do, let us know your experience with it in the comments below.  If you don't, are you planning on buying it soon?




No comments:

Post a Comment