HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Pumpkin Caramel Corn Candle Review

Carmel popcorn is one of my all time favorite snacks.  I used to buy it buy the tub, literally, when I was younger.  Now I only have it on a rare occasion when I drag out the ingredients and have the time to make it.  There is a distinct scent to that homemade caramel and we'll get into why I'm even mentioning that in a little bit.

Let's start this candle review out by first talking about the container.  There are things about it that I like and things about it that bug me.

Taking into consideration that I consider this candle middle of the road when it comes to price, the container and label mean quite a bit, to me anyway.  At this price point, I'm looking for a bit higher quality and more visual appeal and I received that with this candle.


The first thing that I noticed is how heavy it is.  It is made of glass, which is actually normal but the sheer weight says that this candle is definitely going to stay where ever you put it... unless you put it on a shelf.  I'd be careful with that and definitely would advise against it because of the weight.  Personally I love the thickness and umph of the glass that this candle is in.

The lid is a beautiful polished gold tone with Harry Slatkin's monogram in the middle.   It also has a rubber ring on the inside that I imagine was put there to help keep the scent inside and keep the wax from drying out.  I love the lid.  I think it is a beautiful design but the only thing I don't like about it, and this is very trivial and just maybe me being a little picky, is that it is easy to get fingerprints all over it.  They wipe away quickly but none the less, it is easy to fingerprint the lid up.

Now on to the label.  I love the design.  The gold and orange plaid fits very well with the candle's scent and fall theme.  It's very visually pleasing.

I also love the way the candle glows through the label when it is lit.  The ambiance that this candle puts off when lit is very relaxing.  The label was very well planned and executed on this one.

 This candle can not be purchased by itself, which is kind of disappointing.  It is one of three candles that are in the HomeWorx Harvest candle line.  You will also have to get Autumn Pinecone and  Harvest Leaves in order to get your hands on Pumpkin Caramel Corn.

I purchased the set on the QVC website for $54.84 which included free shipping for the trio.  After my issues with Bath and Body Works shipping, I feel like I should add that these are the best packaged candles I've ever seen.  You could drop kick the box over a building and I'd bet money that the candles aren't even cracked when you open them.  I was really impressed with the packaging.

Out of the three, on cold smell, Pumpkin Caramel Corn was my favorite and that's why I am reviewing it first.  The notes on this candle are described as... "warm, sweet, buttery caramel is laced with pumpkin pie spices and mixed with freshly popped corn for a sweet and satisfying treat."

It made my stomach growl just reading that.

On the cold smell I did get the caramel and the pumpkin pie spice but no popcorn.  The thing about cold smell is that once the candle is lit, the scent profile could turn out to be different and deeper.  That's how I would describe what happened with this one and it was obvious only a few minutes after the candle was lit.


I decided to burn this one in the hallway because the hallway goes right down the center of the house.  I think it is a good location to test the throw on candles that have a pretty powerful cold smell.  Yeah, you smell good right out of the package and there's no mistaking that the smell has some umph behind it but how much of that scent is going to travel through the house?  How good is your throw HomeWorx Pumpkin Caramel Corn candle?

About 30 minutes after lighting this candle, I got my answer.

And it was intense.  In a good way.

I have to say that the throw on this candle is excellent.  The caramel popcorn and very slight pumpkin spice scents could be smelled throughout the house.  It smelled just like that homemade caramel that I love to drown popcorn in then devour because I love it so much.  It wasn't overpowering but it was definitely there and even lingered after the candle was extinguished.  I would have to say that the scent travels well when the candle is burned in a central location in the home.  Location and room size can really make or break a candle's performance in my opinion.

The pooling was good.  The candle did struggle a little bit with one of the edges but the wax finally decided to cooperate and joined the rest of the pool.  In my burn video, that portion of the wax is at the top of the candle.

The wicks never traveled at all.  Mushrooming was minimal.  This candle has very nice, quality wicks in my opinion.

All in all, I am in love with this candle.  I love the ample glass container.  I love the way the candle glows through the label.  I love the look and the design of the lid in combination with the label.  I really love the scent and am very pleased with the throw.  The scent when this candle is burning is homemade caramel popcorn with a hint of pumpkin spice as an after thought.  The scent isn't in your face but it is in multiple rooms so I'd say this candle, when properly placed, can fill a larger space with smell good air and have no problem doing it.

It's candles like this one that make me wish the internet had smell o' vision.

Oh!  I was so mesmerized by the scent and throw on this candle that I almost forgot to mention... this candle has a burn time of 30 to 55 hours and a weight of 18 ounces or 510 grams.  It is made in Vietnam with lead free wicks and lead free wick clips. 

Now... on to the burn video!  Lights out for ambiance of course.



Would I purchase it again?

Definitely yes.  I really wish these HomeWorx candles were available for purchase as individuals but I may change my mind once I burn the other two and do my reviews on them.  I will know sooner than later because they are both in line to be burned next.

What do you think of the HomeWorx fall candle line up this yearAre there any on your wish list or that you are planning on picking up?  Let us know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment