Review of DreamMi Moisturizing Collagen Lip Mask

There are a lot of new lip masks available for purchase online that come with a lot of claims to cure what ails you when it comes to your lips.  Use the mask and you are supposed to be able to keep your lips looking young or give them a good plump.

Those are two of the claims that DreamMi Gold Collagen mask says it can do for you.  I decided to try it for a few weeks to see if this mask can really deliver.

The reviews on Amazon are mixed for this product but in all reality, that's the norm with any type of mask product on the website.  People really do expect the miracle cure to work for $11.99 with free Prime shipping the first time they use the product.  That's not how this one works.  This is the type of mask that you may see results with when you use it consistently over a period of time.

The package contains 20 lip masks.  Each mask is 4.2oz. of wonderfully gooey goop with what feels like a really soft, supple silicone.  You end up paying about 60 cents per lip mask which if it delivers on the claims that it makes is an amazing price.  I've purchased lip masks on Sephora that have set me back $4.00 each so this one was definitely worth a go.

The instructions say to cleanse and thoroughly dry your mouth.  Open the foil package with the back of the package facing you and pull out the plastic liner.  Remove the lip mask, the side facing you is the side that goes on your lips.  Use it immediately after opening the package.  Apply to ensure good contact with your lips.  Leave it on for 30 minutes.  Remove it gently, do not reuse.

Those were my own words, not the instructions verbatim.  They recommend you use the mask 2 to 3 times per week which is a normal mask schedule for a product that benefits with continued use.

I used the lip mask every other day for 4 weeks.

The Scent:  Not offensive at all for me and not very loud.  The lip mask has a subtle floral or rose scent to it which for me drifted away after a few minutes.

The Experience: About 5 to 10 minutes into wearing the mask, I experienced a slight numbing or tingling sensation.  It wasn't annoying to me at all, it was just there.

I never had to lay down or keep my head tilted way back to keep the mask on.  I think as long as you apply the correct side of the mask to your lips, you could get away with a slight head tilt back and occasionally patting the mask to keep it in place.  This was important to me because I could continue working on the computer while receiving my lip mask treatment at the same time.

The Results: After using this lip mask consistently for a month, I didn't notice any plumping but what I did notice was the moisturizing.  My lips are hydrated.  Nicely hydrated.  I noticed it after using it for a bit and it was consistent the entire time I was on the lip mask schedule.

Will I Purchase Again?  This would be a yes for me, especially through the winter months when the air is cold and dry which usually results in very dry, chapped lips.  The moisturizing effect of this mask, the fact I don't have to lay down to use it and the price point makes it worth it in my opinion.  It won't be an all the time routine but I will be keeping a box in my mask drawer so I have them on hand at the first sign of dryness.

I did leave a review for this product on Amazon's website which can be viewed here if you want to see it.          

Have you tried the DreamMi lip mask?  If so, let me know your thoughts on it.  Of course if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments and I will do my best to answer them for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment