Yankee Candle Sunday Brunch Collection Large Jar Belgian Waffles Candle Review

Where do I begin with this one?

I can say that this will probably be one of the shortest, if not the shortest candle review that I ever do.  I always try to point out the positives with everything that I review because there is always something that is decent or good about everything out there.

The two good things about this candle are the cold smell and the label.  If you don't mind the typical, skinny Yankee Candle label but it's the photo.  I like the fact that they used what looks like homemade waffles.

Before we get too deep into this review, I think it's important to finally talk a little bit about Yankee Candle.  I've avoided this from the beginning of this website and starting to do my candle reviews on my YouTube channel but with a few of the comments that I received when I posted the video review for this candle, I think it's time to spill my guts with this.

In my opinion as someone that has been purchasing candles from this company for over 20 years, Yankee Candle quality is no where near what it used to be.  The majority of their candles smell great when cold but have absolutely NO scent throw.  None.  Years ago they were fantastic scent throwers that you never had to worry about and wouldn't mind paying full price for.  Fast forward to today and even with my go to scents that I purchase from them on a regular basis, it can be hit or miss.  They aren't even close the quality candles that they used to be.  That is my opinion on the brand.

I was really hopeful that Belgian Waffles from the Sunday Brunch Collection would be one of the hits and was really excited about it when I saw that they were available in certain stores.  On a trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond low and behold... there it was.  At a price point of around $20.00.  I'm leery of spending that much on a Yankee Candle because of how bad they are now but since I had a 20% off coupon and I wanted to try the candle so badly, I decided to go ahead and purchase it.

Spoiler alert... it was a serious waste of money.

I posted on my Instagram account that I had found the candle and purchased it.  I was so excited that I had found the candle that I wanted to try out from the collection.  Let me rephrase that... I was so excited that I had found the ONLY candle that I wanted to try out from the collection.

Before we go much further into this rabbit hole, I want to throw in the scent notes that are listed for this candle.  They are:
  • toasted pecans
  • vanilla
  • waffle batter
  • cinnamon
  • melted butter
  • whipped cream
Does that not sound stunningly amazing?  That's exactly what you smell when the candle is cold.

About a week later I was able to start burning the candle for the review and record the burn video to show how the candle burns.  Normally for my reviews, I will burn a candle about 1/2 way down but for this one, I went all the way to the end because I wanted to give it every chance possible to release some trace of scent when burning and unfortunately, it just didn't happen.

I even added a heavy duty Illuma Lid to Belgian Waffles hoping that by some chance the extra heat that those create would coax the scent out.

Nope.  Nothing.  Nada.

My final thoughts on this candle are pretty easy to put together.  I wasted my money.  I'm becoming seriously disenchanted with Yankee Candle because of the fact that this isn't the only time I've been disappointed with the brand's lack of scent throw in their candles.



My advice to anyone that is wanting to dive into purchasing Yankee Candles on a regular basis is to set your expectations low and never pay full price.  In fact, in my opinion, 1/2 price is even too much for the majority of the Yankee Candle line.

Yes, I'm a bit bitter on this one but it will pass.  The next Yankee Candle that I am going to be reviewing is their "Scent of the Year."  Even though those aren't supposed to be able to be discounted or couponed, where there's a will, there's a way my friends and I didn't pay full price for mine.  I'll have to show you how I did it in the video review for it.

Do you have the Sunday Brunch Collection Belgian Waffles candle?  If you do, let me know what your thought of it in the comments.  I hope mine was just a fluke and that others out there actually got to enjoy theirs!

Meanwhile, here is my video review for this candle that I posted on my YouTube channel...








No comments:

Post a Comment