Double Dare OMG! Three Step Platinum Purple Facial Mask Kit Review

I HAVE to start out by saying that this isn't the only Double Dare mask I've used lately and these are SO much fun to play with.  Question is, do they really do anything for your skin?

I purchased this mask on Amazon and paid full price for it with my own money.  If you have Prime, on the day that I posted this review, you can grab one for $9.00 with free Prime shipping.

The Double Dare masks are a bit different from your everyday, run of the mill sheet masks because there's a little bit more to these.  Most of the masks in this line have multiple steps.  This one contains a bubble mask, the purple peel off mask and the finishing moisturizing pad that you apply to the skin when you are finished.  It sounds like it would be more work than just a regular sheet mask and that is in fact the case but it's also an excellent excuse to take some time out from your stressful day and relax.

I'm in my late 40's and have no illusions that any mask out there is going to make my face look 18 again so that is not my expectation with any mask.  My expectations are for the mask to temporarily deliver what is promised when it is designed for my skin type.  Which is dry as a bone since I have older skin.  My face is constantly screaming for moisturizer.

This mask is described on Amazon as:

  • Fuse Skincare and Fashion : Colorful platinum color mask with naturally derived cutting edge antioxidant ingredients
  • Multi Step Mask Kit : Included in one unique mask kit are Detox Bubbling Mask, Peel Off Mask, and Serum Pad that may be used individually or all at the same time, perfect for Grab & Go
  • Detoxify and Deep Cleanse : Detox Bubbling Mask gently removes dead skin cells and any buildup on the skin and prepares the skin for complete absorption of nutrients of the Peel Off Mask
  • Pore Tightening and Antioxidant: Packed with natural antioxidant ingredients such as Blueberry and Blueberry Extract, Purple Peel off Mask provides pore tightening and antioxidant benefits for radiant glowing skin
  • Hydrating Serum Pad : Removes any mask residue while infusing skin with anti- aging, moisturizing ingredients for a smooth hydrating finish
I chose to just make a go at it and do all three at the same time.  I was in the mood for some R&R and what better excuse than a face mask treatment?

That bubble mask is the bomb.  If you have never had a bubble mask on your face then you seriously need to fix that.  It's like having someone gently massage and scrub your entire face at once.

The bubbles start as soon as you take the mask out of the package.  You have to get it unfolded and applied to your face pretty quickly which in itself can be a comical experience as long as you are taking the process lightly, not to serious, and are enjoying the moment.

Once the mask is on the face, all hell breaks loose and the bubbles are fierce and plenty.  It is a very thick layer of bubbles and you can feel them going to work on your skin.

I left the bubble mask on for the full three minutes because I didn't want to take it off!  No adjustments were necessary because even though I was standing the entire time the mask was on my face, it wasn't slipping around like a lot of sheet masks do.

The next step in the trio is the purple peel off mask.  Now, my mother used to buy some type of cucumber peel off mask when I was a kid and I've always had a thing for a true peel off mask.  I'm not sure if it's some sort of mental thing or just a pleasant memory from my childhood but I have always loved them.  I get really irritated when a "peel off" mask isn't really peel off.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  "When the time is up, rinse with water and pat your skin dry."  False advertising!

This one is a legit peel off mask.

I spread it around my face being careful not to get any into my eyebrows (which I did but that's OK) and in my hair line.  The color is a really dark, shiny purple.

In the midst of all of this, I became a little concerned thinking back to that dreaded black pore mask that hit the internet by storm a while back that was famous for sticking to the skin, taking the top layer of skin off and was SO painful to peel off.  My brain was telling me that when it was time for this thing to come off that it was going to hurt.

You leave the purple mask on your skin for 20 to 30 minutes to give it time to dry completely.

While it is drying, it tightens up.  A lot.  It tightens up to the point where facial expressions aren't possible and you can feel just how tight it is when you talk.  Smiling was definitely something when you have this mask on!  It's not painful at all because even though it is really tight, there is a little bit of give, but it does make it difficult to laugh.  Thankfully I was able to adjust because the husband was cracking jokes, on purpose mind you, that I found funny so I had to laugh.

Another thing that happens with the purple mask is that it becomes shinier when it dries.  This really comes in handy toward the end of the time that it is on the face to let you know that it is in fact 100% completely dry.

Once dry, the peeling can commence.  I admit I was leery because I was having flashbacks of that black pore mask from hell.

I took a deep breath.  Picked (literally) a corner of the mask up by my bottom jaw, said a little prayer and pulled.

It wasn't painful at all.  In fact, it felt really nice.

The mask peeled off just like it was supposed to and in one piece to boot.  It was very easy to remove and the way it peeled off reminded me of that cucumber mask that my mother bought when I was a kid.

I did take my time peeling the mask off but it was for no other reason than I wanted to.

The final of the three steps is to use the serum pad.  This step was SO easy.  You just open the third section of the packaging, take the pad out and wipe the serum all over your face.  It literally takes seconds.

After it was all said and done, I was really pleased with the way my skin felt.  It felt hydrated, soft and much better than it did before I did all three steps of this mask.

Now, again, there are no masks out there that contain the fountain of youth and any effects that a mask, no matter what the price is, are only going to be temporary.  The great results from this mask faded the next day and my skin was back to it's usual, late 40's state but I was very happy with the temporary results that this trio provided.

Plus, how much fun was that?  I can see how this could be a relaxing afternoon treatment while reading a magazine, working a puzzle or taking in a little Netflix.  Taking a little bit of time for yourself.

On the flipside of that, this would also be a riot for a get together with girlfriends for an in home spa day.

Will I buy this mask again?  Oh absolutely.  I really did enjoy it and the results, although temporary, were very nice and as promised by the description on Amazon's sale page.

If you want to try this mask, you can grab one for yourself HERE and if you have ever used this mask, let me know what YOU thought of it in the comments below!

Until the next review... and it will be soon... Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment