Bath & Body Works 3 Wick Candle Review - Chocolate Mint Latte

Cold smell on this candle sold me on it hook, line and sinker.

I guess that is one of the advantages of trekking to the store instead of ordering online.  You can maybe get an idea of how strong the candle will be, maybe.  Strong cold smell doesn't necessarily equate to strong or even pleasant smell when the candle is burning.  I've always found that interesting when it comes to candles.

So once again, let's start with the outside and work our way in with this one.  I LOVE the packaging on this candle.  The mint green label with the sweater pattern and whimsical drawing of what looks to me like a winter time coffee cup is just adorable.  Combine that with clear glass and a cute silver lid that features a raised metal snowflake and the outside of this
candle just screams cozy winter.

Wow, that was easy and quick!

So what does this candle smell like when it is cold?  In one word, very edible.  OK, that was two words.

The first thing that hits my nose when I smell this is a creamy white chocolate.  Not just regular white chocolate either.  It has the distinct aroma of white chocolate that is warm and melted.  It's not loud but you don't have to have your nose buried in the candle to smell it either.

Following closely behind is peppermint.  Not the loud candy cane like peppermint but to me it smells dead on like fresh peppermint that you gather out of the garden.  When you lightly run your hand across the leaves of the plant and bring it up to your nose.  It's fresh and minty.

I'm not sure why the word latte is in the name of this candle because any coffee smell is definitely MIA in this one.  Not a drop or hint anywhere on cold smell.

The wax is a really pretty and matching shade of light mint green.

The wicks looked good and only one mushroomed after the candle was extinguished.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I hate looking at listed candle notes because I'm pretty sure that it can create a placebo effect in your brain.  Good or bad, I have no idea but I like to experience my candles as they are without any influence on my brain.

The notes for this candle are listed as:
  • Fresh Peppermint
  • White Chocolate
  • Whipped Milk
So... this time they actually nailed it.  Huh.

I was really looking forward to setting this candle on fire and getting the full experience of it burning.  I kept my fingers crossed that it was going to perform as well when lit as it smelled when it was cold.  I have to say that I certainly was not disappointed.

A word that comes to my mind with the scent while this candle is burning is happiness.  This is a very happy go lucky, give your best friend a hug kinda candle.

As it was burning on the usual bookcase in the center of the house, the scent started to spread.  It wasn't a stellar scent travel but it wasn't bad either.  It filled the hallway and drifted into the bathroom and I noticed it in the doorway of the last bedroom at the end of the hallway.  It poofed on occasion into the office but never made it into the kitchen.  In all fairness, I didn't open the living room door so I can't say if it would have made it in there.  Brain cramp.

The short version of that is that the throw is good.  It's not going to fill an entire house but I think it will fill a standard size room.

The scent profile while burning is practically the same as it is when it is cold.  You get that creamy, white melted chocolate with the fresh peppermint undertone.  It's very nice and just enough for me.  The scent doesn't scream at you and isn't obnoxious.  It's just there like it should be and I appreciate that.  I actually ended up letting this candle burn for a couple more hours and will continue to burn it this coming week because I do like it that much.




Final Thoughts and Will I Buy it Again?

The Bath & Body Works Chocolate Mint Latte candle can be described as a candle that performs well and that has a very nice creamy white chocolate mint scent.  It burns well, pools well and has a nice throw that will fill a regular size room with ease in about an hour after lighting.  I really do like this candle.

This one is a definite yes for me for purchasing again.  In fact, I have put it on my list of candles that I will purchase on this December's Candle Day.  In my opinion, it's good and definitely worth having a second one in my candle closet.

Have you experienced the Chocolate Mint Latte candle from Bath & Body Works?  If so, what are your thoughts on it?  Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment